PPSX files are used by Sony Playstation to play PSX ISO files.
This poses a problem, since files in this format cannot be opened by Windows Media Player by default.
However, the prompt to open files in this format can be closed, and the file can be played in Windows Media Player.
- The PPSX file format is the default for Microsoft PowerPoint, but if you need to convert it, you need to follow the below steps.
- To start, you should first check if PowerPoint is installed on your device, and then go ahead and install the Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 converter.
Open PPSX in Microsoft Picture and Fax Viewer
- You can open PPSX files in Microsoft Picture and Fax Viewer if you’re having issues with the file extension. Press the Windows key + E hotkey to open File Explorer.
- Open File Explorer’s View tab.
- Select the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option.
- Then open the Pictures library in File Explorer.
- Double-click the .ppsx file to open it in Microsoft Picture and Fax Viewer.
Convert the PPSX files to JPEG
- To do that, open Windows Explorer and paste the following path in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%MicrosoftOneNote
- Now, right-click on the OneNote folder and click on Properties.
- Go to the Security tab and click on Edit.
- Select the Users option and check Full Control.
- Click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Open the OneNote folder, locate and open the folder containing the PPSX files.
- Right-click on the PPSX files and choose Save as.
- Choose JPEG in the Save as type window and click on Save.
Run the PPSX file through an image converter
- Right-click the PPSX file > select the Extract All option.
- The extracted file is a .ZIP file. Then convert the .ZIP file into a .PDF file.
Convert the file with Scanpst
- Locate your PST file and right-click it.
- Choose Convert from the menu.
- Select Convert to Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst).