In this article, we will explore some of the best ways to troubleshoot the mobile hotspot issue in Windows 10.
- Mobile hotspot allows you to share your mobile data connection with other devices, and is perfect for easy file sharing.
- The mobile hotspot service can be launched from Settings, but many users reported mobile hotspot problems.
- Error messages can appear because of outdated drivers or incorrect settings.
Update to the latest firmware
- Check whether your device is up to date
- Get the latest version of the software
- Try resetting your device
- Reset your browser
- Try disabling and enabling your VPN
Run Command prompt as Administrator
- Go to Search, type cmd, and open Command prompt as Administrator.
- In the command line, type the following command and press Enter: netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- Wait for the command to complete.
- Restart your device.
Turn off Cellular Data
- Make sure that Cellular Data is turned off.
- Turn off Wi-Fi
Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned off.
- Disable other connections
If you have other connections enabled, remove them.
- Turn off Bluetooth
Make sure that Bluetooth is turned off.
- Uninstall the Mobile Hotspot App
Go to the App Store and uninstall the Mobile Hotspot app.
- Re-install the Mobile Hotspot app
Go to the Apple App Store and re-install the Mobile Hotspot app.
Check Internet connectivity
- Connect the phone to a reliable WiFi hotspot and check to see if that fixes the problem.
- Restart phone
Sometimes a simple restart helps fix connectivity issues. So, restart the phone and check if it works.
- Uninstall apps
Try uninstalling any third-party apps that you suspect are conflicting with the Mobile Hotspot feature.
- Check settings
Check the Internet settings. Sometimes, mobile data/LTE settings are disabled. Try enabling mobile data/LTE and check if the WiFi Mobile Hotspot works.
Disconnect any external accessories
- Disconnect any external accessories from your mobile hotspot.
- For example, remove the battery, cables, and any USB peripherals.
- Try turning Mobile hotspot on and off
Check if restarting the device resolves the issue.