If Realtek audio driver stopped working on your Windows 10 PC, follow the step-by-step guide below to fix it.
- Realtek is a popular audio driver, but many users reported errors while trying to install it.
- To fix this issue, you can try uninstalling the drivers and then reinstalling them.
- Make sure to use a third-party tool to update all your Windows 10 drivers.
- Another quick and simple solution is to reinstall the Realtek audio driver.
Reinstall the sound driver
- Press Windows + I, and then select Device Manager from the tabs on the left.
- Locate the driver for the audio device, right-click on it, and click on Uninstall device.
- Now, restart your PC and reinstall the driver.
Go through the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
- Check for an updated version of the driver
- Check if the speakers are working
- Check if the speakers are connected to the right ports
- Update the speakers
- Change audio settings
- Disable the antivirus
Reset the Sound device
- Go to Start > type Device Manager > open Device Manager
- Right-click on the Realtek audio device > select Uninstall device
- Select Remove > reboot the PC.
- Reset the Sound device
Go to Start > type Device Manager > open Device Manager
- Right-click on the Realtek audio device > select Update driver software
- Select Browse my computer for driver software > select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > select Have disk > select Browse > select the Realtek audio driver > click Next.
- Reboot the PC.
Disable the Realtek audio device
- Go to Device Manager.
- Expand the Sound section, right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio, and select Disable device.
- Now, restart your computer.
- Install the Realtek audio driver
Change the audio device priority
- Right-click on speaker icon in task bar and choose Playback devices from the list.
- Right-click on the speaker icon and choose Properties.
- Now choose Advanced and click on the Advanced button.
- Select “Set Device Priority” and set it to High.