Apparently, some Windows 10 users reported that the Windows key on their keyboard doesn’t open the Start menu.
This issue can occur for lots of reasons, but it’s relatively easy to resolve.
In this article, we will explore a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you fix the Windows key that doesn’t open the Start Menu.
- Windows key doesn’t work in Windows 8 and 10, and here you’ll find the solutions for this problem.
- To start fixing this issue, you need to uninstall the third-party software.
- Another solution is to repair the Windows registry by following the guide below.
Logon to your Windows 10 computer
- Type Control Panel in the search bar
Click on the Control Panel option
In Control Panel, go to Programs
Click on Programs and Features
Click on Turn Windows features on or off
- Go to the Windows Start Menu option
- Uncheck the Windows Start Menu option
- Restart your computer
Perform a clean boot
- Press Windows Key + X to open the Power User Menu and choose Power Options.
- In the Power Options window, click the Choose what the power button does option.
- Next, click the Change settings that are currently unavailable option.
- In the list of options, click the Shut down settings option.
- Select the Never option under Shut down options.
- Click OK to save the changes and exit Power Options.
- Wait for about 30 seconds, then restart your computer.
Perform a System Restore
- Press Windows Key + S and enter restore. Select Create a restore point from the list.
- Click the System Restore button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and choose a previous restore point to revert your system to.
Perform a System File Checker scan
- Press the Windows key + S button, and type cmd in the text field.
- Right-click on Command prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Now, paste this command and press Enter: sfc /scannow
- Wait until the scan completes, and restart your computer.
Use a different user account
- Go to Start > type user account > select Change account type
- Choose the Administrator account
- Log out and sign in again
How can I fix Windows key doesn’t open Start Menu on Windows 11?
- How do I fix Windows key not working in Windows 8?
Fix: Windows key not working in Windows 10
- Fix: Windows key not working in Windows 7
- Fix: Windows key not working in Windows Vista
- Fix: Windows key not working in Windows XP