However, some users are having a hard time opening YouTube. For them, the page just comes up with a blank screen.
This can be pretty frustrating, especially when the video channel is extremely popular.
If you are also troubled by YouTube black page errors, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the YouTube black page error.
- The black screen error on YouTube can occur if the browser or the website is down.
- In certain cases, the error can be fixed by clearing the browser cache, or by downloading a new browser.
Update your Flash Player
- Open your web browser and navigate to Adobe’s official website.
- Click Download Flash.
- Select the version of your Flash player from the options provided.
- Download and install the version available.
- Reboot your PC after the process is done.
Disable your Ad Blocker
- The error can also be due to ad blockers in your browser. So, to avoid that, you can disable your ad blocker for the YouTube site or app and then try to watch a recording.
- Update your Adobe Flash Player
You can update Adobe Flash player on your computer and then restart your browser to see if the problem persists.
- Clear your Browser Cache
The error can also occur due to your browser cache, so try clearing your cache and cookies and see if that helps.
- Clear your Browser Cache and Cookies
Go to your browser’s Settings.
- Click on Privacy and Security.
- Scroll down and click on Clear browsing data.
- On the next screen, click on Clear data.
Clear cookies and cache
- Click on the 3 dots on the top-right corner -> select History.
- Select the Time range -> select All time.
- Now, click on Clear data.
- Try opening the YouTube application again.
Disable any extensions
- Disable any extensions that YouTube may have installed and restart your browser.
- Reset your settings
Click the menu icon at the top right corner and choose More Tools.
- Choose Clear Browsing Data.
- Click Choose what to clear.
- Select the items you want to delete, and then click on Clear browsing data.
Troubleshoot your DNS settings
- Open Run search box -> type cmd -> hit Ctrl+Shift+Enter to open Command prompt as administrator.
- In the command line, type ipconfig /flushdns (without the quotes) -> press Enter.
- Close Command prompt.
- Open Run Type inetcpl.cpl -> hit Enter.
- Go to the Connections tab -> double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) -> then choose Properties.
- Go to Advanced tab -> click on DNS tab -> choose Configure DNS servers -> type 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, and 184.108.40.206 in the Preferred DNS server box.
- Click OK and Apply, and close the window.
Check your antivirus
- The error can be caused due to your antivirus. So, the first step that you should take is to check your antivirus.
- Check your antivirus settings.
Make sure that you’ve enabled the YouTube app.
- Also, disable your antivirus temporarily and see if the error is resolved.
- Try using a different browser
The error can also be caused due to your browser. So, you should try using a different browser.
- Try using Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge.